1. He said to be encouraging to others who see their boss and want their job. Those who want to do their bosses job will do more to be recognized and will usually get better pay. He said to start everyday with the small steps, the small things. Once those are perfected you move on to the bigger things. Ross also said that we can get anywhere we want to go as long as we are willing to learn what we need to know along the way.
2. He also said that culture determines your success. He said to mind the people you are around and know their resources to be more successful. He also said that people do what is necessary to have a certain amount of success and then they stop doing those things that made them successful and ultimately wind up in financial trouble and seeing their success fade. Pay attention to what the culture is demanding and don't get caught off guard.
3. Respect the power of other women. Women make 83% of consumer purchases. A large percentage of these women are single with children. Women have money and influence and recommend products to others. This social network can make or break you.
4. Demand world class expertise from yourself. Ask yourself what can you do in 30 seconds that will provide customer service? If you create a tiny moment with the customer, they will remember you. Remember that customers feel vulnerable, helpless, out of control and anxious. They look to you for advice. We don't live in the 8am - 5pm world anymore. Embrace it and get used to it. If you aren't available for your customer, they will go to a competitor.
5. The most important thing Ross said is to trust your gut. The experts have all kinds of advice, but they don't know everything. You have to live your life and nobody knows you, so do what feels right. Sometimes we don't see that we are the problem. When you see an area that needs attention, say something! Your ideas matter. Communicate in terms of profit/loss. Don't over think things and make them complicated. You have to protect yourself and your interests. It's not about you and if you are talking about yourself you need to shut up! Listen to other people and learn more about them.
6. The last thing applies to everyone. Ross says we need to teach the most powerful upcoming generation to talk. There is no way you can text your way to success and if you don't like change you are going to hate extinction! Although everyone focuses on their standard of living, your emphasis should be more on your standard of loving. What kind of legacy are you leaving and what are you doing that will tattoo your name on someone else's brain when you are no longer here?